Leading Change and Navigating Success

Leading Change and Navigating Success
helping people cope with change

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Tribute to Frank McCourt

I participated in a tribute to Frank McCourt, Irish American author, at The Book Stall in Winnetka, IL. Though I had read Angela's Ashes years ago, I read the book again in order to select excerpts to share with the audience. I rarely have the time or energy to read the same book twice, as there are so many book from which to choose, but what I discovered is that I was in a such different place, so reading the book again was a new experience. And there were things that Frank wrote about that really popped in a different way in light of the fact that he is now dead. I appreciate the legacy that Frank McCourt leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment